It was November 30, 2009, just a couple days after some guy named Tiger ran into a tree with his Escalade, that Front9Back9 was born!
The biggest scandal in golf history was just getting started and we would soon find out Tiger Woods had a different lady in every city across the world, all while the wife and kids were at home. (Okay, that’s an exaggeration. I don’t want Tiger to write about me on The Players Tribune.)
There’s been many other things happen in the golf world since that day as well, and I’ve done my best to chronicle and share my thoughts on them all.
So to celebrate my five year anniversary on Front9Back9, I am giving away a $100 Gift Card to one lucky winner!
How to Enter the Front9Back9 5-Year Anniversary Gift Card Contest
- Join the Front9Back9 email list on the right sidebar and get FIVE entries into the contest.
- Everyone who already follows me on Twitter is entered into the contest. (1,042 of you, thank you!)
- Any new Twitter followers beginning November 30 through December 31 will be entered.
- I will be posting several Tweets about the contest over the next 31 days, anyone who retweets will be entered into the contest (You must follow Front9Back9 to be entered though.)
Misc Rules For the Front9Back9 5-Year Anniversary Gift Card Contest
- Contest runs November 30 – December 31. The winner will be announced on January 1, 2015
Here are some of the blog stats from the past five years:
- 329 posts (average of 65 posts per year)
- 1,911 total comments
- 1,042 Twitter followers (all entered into the 5-Year Anniversary Contest)
- 43 Facebook Likes
- 52 Google+ Followers
- 10 Instagram Followers
Some of the Most Popular Posts From the Past 5 Years
- Patriot Golf Day: Are You Playing for a Good Cause Today
- Tiger Woods vs Michael Jordan: Who Has the Best New House?
- There’s No Denying Pace of Play on the PGA Tour is Horrendous, But at What Level Does it Start?
- Does Tiger Woods Owe the Public an Explanation?
As we get closer to 2015 and move into the next five years of Front9Back9, there’s a lot to follow in golf and I’ll be right here on the couch following all the action.
- Can Tiger break Jack Nicklaus’ major championship record? (Hell, can Tiger ever win just ONE more major?)
- Will Rory McIlroy continue his major binge and catch Tiger in the next 5-7 years? (He only needs 9 more…)
- Will Phil Mickelson regain his form after a poor 2014? (Can you say Senior Tour??)
- Can freaking Sergio Garcia ever win a major?
- When will my man Jordan Spieth win his first major?
These and many more stories will play out in the near future. Many industry “experts” claim golf is falling in popularity, but from what I see on Twitter, other golf blogs, and here at Front9Back9, it’s still going strong.
For 2015, we will continue to bring you all the latest golf news and are also working to bring many more golf equipment reviews as well.
To all of you who follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram, THANK YOU! I hope yo connect with you all more in 2015 and make new social friends as well!
Make sure you join the new Front9Back9 email list and follow me on Twitter to get entered into the gift card giveaway! All contest Retweets get
Talk to you soon! I have a tee time to get ready for!