Some call Augusta National Golf Club the holy grail of golf. Tiger Woods said in his press conference that this tournament means so much to him that he plans on playing in the par-3 contest on Wednesday, something he hasn’t done in 10+ years.
There’s not much more I can say to set this golf tournament up. My fantasy golf picks this week will be made via Draft Kings. They are offering a chance at a $1 million grand prize to the person who picks the perfect lineup this week and comes out on top.
It’s an understatement to say I am all in this week in my fantasy golf lineup. I could walk away with $1 million in the bank when I win this thing this weekend, which would make the weekend all that much sweeter.
Is there anything that needs to be said about Augusta National that hasn’t been said already? Your game has to be firing on all cylinders at Augusta but the course does favor long, high-ball hitters. This explains the likes of Bubba Watson and Adam Scott winning over the last few years.
There’s one exception this year; rain is expected for several of the days. This might favor a shorter hitter. The likes of Zach Johnson or Mike Weir have won this tournament in the past when the course plays longer. Maybe a Jim Furyk or Matt Kuchar come to mind as well?
The only thing we know is this weekend is awesome and Augusta National never seems to disappoint.
Bubba Watson has won this tournament two times over the past three years, so he is definitely one of the commanding favorites this week. He’s one of the longest hitters on Tour and can shape the ball every direction, which suits him great at Augusta.
Bubba will definitely be in one of my picks this week in the Draft Kings lineup.
Front9Back9 Fantasy Golf Picks
- Jason Day – $11,300
- Long, high hitter. Has played well in years past at Augusta and has had several chances. Solid short game which will be needed around Augusta.
- Zach Johnson – $7,000
- Short hitter. Could prove to be advantage if the course plays wet. Solid iron player can hit it close and putt lights out.
- Ryan Moore – $7,000
- Been playing great lately. Solid ball striker. Might not be the longest hitter but can stick it close with good iron play.
- Brandt Snedecker – $9,500
- Solid record at Augusta in the past. Super putter and short game will help quite a bit.
- Steve Striker – $6,800
- Pretty much only plays for majors now. Might not be able to win but might be able to put some birdies on the board and be near the top.
- Lee Westwood – $8,200
- Well, what can i say about Lee? One of best players to never win major. Getting older now but always seems to be around on Sunday.
- Jordan Spieth – $11,900
- Easily the hottest player on the PGA Tour right now with a win and two 2nd place finishes in last three tournaments.
- Billy Horschel – $7,300
- The FedEx Cup champion last year has not exactly tore it up this year so far. Can get hot and I will need that from him this week.
- Sergio Garcia – $9,100
- Another top player to never win a major. Solid ball striker hits it a long way. Can his putting hold up?
- Robert Streb – $6,100
- Brandt Snedecker – $9,500
- See above. Sneds has an excellent track record of making cuts.
- Kevin Streelman – $6,100
So who do you have this weekend? Do you agree with my picks or have others you like? Let me know on Twitter, @Front9Back9 or below in the comments.